I’m a sucker for any crockpot recipe and this is one of my favorites, especially now that the weather is cold! It’s the perfect thing to prep the night before and let simmer all day. You’ll be so happy you did when it’s dinner time!
- 2 pounds Sirloin Beef Tips or Sirloin Steak cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cans Beef Consume
- 1 can Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail (I buy the bottle of Juice and use the Beef Consume can to measure)
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Garlic Salt
- 1 bag of Medium Egg Noodles or Rice
- Brown the meat using a sprinkle of Garlic Salt.
- Combine meat in the crockpot with 2 cans of Beef Consume. Using an empty Beef Consume can, pour one can of Cranberry Cocktail Juice into the crockpot.
- Turn crockpot to low and cook for 6-8 hours. (You can certainly cook it on high if you don’t need as much time for them to cook. I usually check on the meat when I get home from work to make sure it is beginning to somewhat shred apart. If it is not, I will turn up the heat. If it is shredding, I will turn the heat down to simmer.)
- When the beef is done cooking, make the cornstarch mixture in a bowl. (Cornstarch mixture is about 2 parts/tablespoons of cornstarch to 1 part/tablespoon water. This is the tricky part. You may want to add a little more cornstarch if you want a thicker gravy, but BE CAREFUL!!! You could ruin the taste of the meat and make it actually taste like powdery cornstarch!)
- Once you are done with the cornstarch mixture, remove the meat from the crockpot leaving just the liquid/juice. Set meat aside. Pour the liquid/sauce in a saucepan and bring it to a boil on the stove.
- Once boiling, add the liquid cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add the liquid/sauce back into the crockpot and add the beef.
I make medium egg noodles to go along with my beef tips, but you may like rice better. I also make Pillsbury flaky biscuits and steam broccoli as our sides. This is a favorite of Ben’s and we are always so excited on nights when we know it’s what’s for dinner!