Before I share this recipe, it’s important to note that you can’t really mess this one up. Add as much or as little of one ingredient to your liking!
2-3 large chicken breast filets (Depends on how much chicken you want- I use two large breasts.)
1 1/2 cans diced tomatoes with onions and green peppers in the can (see image below)
1-2 cans of corn (strained)
1-2 cans kidney beans
1-2 cans pinto beans
***(With the tomatoes, corn, and beans, you can add as much as you’d like to taste. I love corn and Ben loves the kidney beans, so I add an extra can of those. This is the beauty of this recipe. Add more of what you like! )
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. Original Ranch Dressing mix (dry)
1 pkg. cream cheese (You don’t need the 2 pack that I bought- that’s the only one they had at the store.)
- Cut the chicken in small cubes.
- Place the raw chicken and the canned tomatoes into crockpot. Stir.
- Cook on high until the chicken looks like it has cooked on the top layer/skin. It will not take too long.
- Add the remaining ingredients into crockpot. Stir.
- Cook on low all day. I try to stir it several times when I am home, so the chicken pieces begin to shred. *Note: The day I posted this on Instagram, I was running behind and didn’t start the soup until 2:00, so I cooked on high for 5 hours. Preparing it earlier will allow you to cook it on low all day.
- Right before you are preparing to serve the soup, add cream cheese to taste. I usually cut half of a block of cream cheese into fourths. I add each fourth into the soup and stir. I continue adding and stirring until I have added half a block. If you like less cream cheese, add less. If you like more, add more!
I serve it with Tostitos Scoops chips.
What’s even better is that it stores well, so you can warm it up and have leftovers.